Real-Time Mediation & Charging
Mediation and Charging must go beyond today’s standards to provide correlations for IP based products and telecommunication services. Networks are continuing to evolve towards a hybrid mix of technologies while customer demand drives new products and services. The convergence of multiple lines of business require adaptive solutions that can accept usage data from almost any medium.
ENABIL has developed proven solutions which excel in Active (real-time) and Passive (batch-processing) mediation, collected from a wide array of switches and network elements.
The scalability and flexibility of our solution is demonstrated through our capability to handle subscriber volumes from as low as 10,000 to beyond 1 million. Our solution can grow with your business and support new services as they are launched. You can attain maximum value from your new and legacy network technologies plus non-Telco lines of business by having them all supported on one mediation platform.
Our integrated platform delivers effective mediation and correlation to handle any network, product or service without having to adapt to source networks. Using a business-rules driven architecture, we unify multiple voice and data usage formats from legacy network infrastructures, IP and next-generation networks including 4G UMTS, HSPA and LTE. Multi-mode processing efficiently processes load volumes. Scalable performance is attained through multi-threading. This distributed architecture ensures high availability and incorporates the industry X.509 security standard.
Mediation Framework Features:
- Defines a scalable foundation for real-time charging, convergent mediation and rating.
- Is fully compliant with 3GPP IMS standards.
- Uses dynamic rules to support real-time notification, such as bill shock notification thresholds.
- Supports industry standard protocols such as Radius (NAS) and Diameter (Ro).
- Performs subscriber authentication, authorization and access control in real-time.
- Delivers price quotes and advice of charge in real-time.
- Provides flexible per-service charging and balance management.
- Unifies critical customer usage data in a single platform from any network element in any network environment.
- Delivers enhanced content charging flexibility in a standalone unified rating platform.
- Provides rules-based in-session service management and control.
- Performs high speed batch mediation.
- Receives records from legacy billers.
- Implements a rich function set for intelligent clearing and wholesale reconciliations.
Mediation Framework Benefits:
- Enables increased R.O.I. by accelerating new services deployment, reduction in churn with better CRM data, and insulates upstream applications from network changes.
- Allows operators to exploit their investment in next generation network technologies by delivering any service to any type of subscriber, at any time, regardless of payment method.
- Maximizes revenue streams through the launch of advanced packet-based services in conjunction with legacy services.
- Provides strategic value at a tactical level by enabling the migration from simple, low margin price plans towards valuable, higher margin pricing models.
Active charging provides flexibility in real-time verification, charging and delivery of event, duration, volume or click data regardless of network source or payment method type. ENABIL provides best-in-class online charging and control for any network type; GSM, DCMA, or LTE. ENABIL provides state-of-the-art SS7, IP network and control, and real time charging for multi-service networks. Sophisticated data charging features provide bill-shock prevention and complete control of the subscriber experience. Our easy to use interface allows users to create attractive offers and support for various business models including advance pay, rechargeable, postpaid, prepaid, as well as Machine-to-Machine (M2M).
Real-time Charging Features:
- Defines real-time transaction management for complete usage control and measurement.
- Provides a SS7 & NGN agnostic platform.
- Enables configuration and customization in a single convergent system.
- Provides insulation from network element changes for network independence.
- Implements a scalable and multi-threaded architecture to process high data volumes.
- Performs with low latency for immediate verification, charging and service delivery.
- Delivers system redundancy for fallback capacity.
- Implements multiple charging models to streamline processing of simple rate requests.
- Supports multiple prepaid and postpaid payment methods.
Real-time Charging Benefits:
- Increased Average Revenue per User (ARPU) for prepaid and postpaid types.
- Increased Return on Investment (ROI).
- Improved Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data for loyalty and retention.
- Improved cash flow and minimized financial risks.
- Session, event and data online charging for prepaid, postpaid and M2M.
- Added value to your supply chain with efficient 3rd-party settlement.
- Enhanced revenue streams through improved and new service offerings.
- Scalability to meet subscriber base and usage growth.